10 Over-the-Top Treats for Caramel Lovers Only
It's no surprise that caramel dessert recipes are some of the most popular recipes you will find. With that chewy caramel that melts in your mouth, there are so many homemade caramel recipes to make. The good news is that most of the caramel recipes on this list don't take a lot of time to make and don't require any special tools to make. When you add caramel to any dessert recipe, you just know its going to be good. Whether you use plain caramel or salted caramel, it always takes the dessert to a whole new level. Salted caramel is more popular than ever before. Salted caramel is an easy caramel recipe that has the addition of some salt. Usually, caramel recipes are beige to dark-brown in color made by heating different sugars at just the right temperatures. Caramel can be used as a flavoring in all sorts of dessert recipes along with pudding recipes. Caramel can also be used as a filling in candy recipes or as a topping for custard recipes and ice cream. The process of caramelization happens when the mixture reaches 340 degrees Fahrenheit when the sugar is slowly heated.
1. For starters, this easy caramel recipe for caramel shortbread squares is just the thing you want to try when you are having guests over. This recipe uses homemade caramel that is sandwiched between a shortbread cookie base and a layer of chocolate.
2. Caramel Pretzel Brownies. This easy caramel recipe uses a brownie mix–make which makes this dessert recipe super easy to put together.
3. An easy caramel recipe for chocolate Turtles cheesecake. Creamy cheesecake in a chocolate cookie crust drizzled with caramel and chocolate fudge sauces.
4. A dessert recipe for Gourmet Caramel Apples. For the best results with this caramel recipe, you don’t want to skip the recipe step where you briefly dip the apples in boiling water to remove the wax. Then stick the apples in the fridge to cool off, so the caramel will adhere properly.
5. You might not think about caramel for breakfast, but with this easy Caramel French Toast, you are in for a treat. The best part about this caramel recipe is that you can make it ahead of time and keep it in the fridge overnight. Then when you are ready to make breakfast, you can bake it for breakfast everyone will be raving about.
6. This dessert recipe for salted caramel sauce is one that makes the perfect hostess gift. It only takes a few minutes to cook this easy caramel recipe. You will want to make sure you pay full attention when its cooking on the stove so you don't overcook it.
7. Another of the dessert recipes you will find is for Mary's Salted Caramel Pecan Bars. This dessert recipe can be made in large quantities that don't take a lot of time to make. A great idea for the gift-giving season.
8. Then there is an easy caramel recipe for Caramel Popcorn. All it takes to make is to be sure to leave no unpopped kernels at the bottom of the bowl when you begin to stir in the caramel sauce. You can also customize this easy caramel recipe by adding some nuts and candies. Yes, please.
These easy caramel recipe ideas and salted caramel recipes are just some of the dessert ideas you will find on the AllRecipes site. You'll find any recipe you are looking for. Whether it be main dish recipe ideas, side dish recipes, drink recipes, soup and sandwich recipes, holiday recipes and so much more. **
Learn MORE / Get RECIPE at AllRecipes
To help with slow website load, we have put all photos for this article here: View photo gallery.