12 Ways to Become More Self-Sufficient
Do you wish you could become more self-sufficient in terms of your lifestyle? Do you dream of living a full life and not having to rely on others to provide for you. It is advantageous for you to develop self-sufficiency. It can help you save time and money. So how do you go this? What would be some ideas that you could implement?
1. Try growing your own food - Planting and growing your own food is not only a healthy choice, but anything you grow you don't need to go out and purchase.
2. Preserve some of your harvests - If you have grown large amounts that you cannot consume right away, be sure to dry, freeze, and can any extras.
3. Forage in the forest - There are a number of wild foods that grow in the wild. Depending where in the world you live, your backyard may hold some treasures. There are saskatoon berries, edible mushrooms, rosehips, camomile to name a few of the local ones in my area. Be sure to know what you are picking as there are also may toxic wild plants and mushrooms.
4. Try getting off the grid or only use lesser power - Make your home as energy-efficient as possible. You can make your own source of energy like DIY solar panels. Choose not to use electricity if you can. When talking about electricity-dependent lights, you can make your own candle. When you are not using some electrical appliances, try to plug them out from the electricity outlet.
5. Think of recycling things - If you have a lot of newspapers at home, you can make them as seedling pots. A key holder can be made from your bent cutlery. A jewelry hanger can also be made from a tennis racket. What you need here is a little imagination and creativity.
These are just some of the ways that you can consider for you to become more self-sufficient. For more information, you can visit Homestead Mania website below.
Learn MORE at Homestead Mania
To help with slow website load, we have put all photos for this article here: View photo gallery.