29 Clever Kitchen Cleaning Tips Every Clean Freak Needs To Know
The kitchen isn't always an easy place to clean especially if you are using it on a regular basis to cook breakfast, lunch, and dinner. With that said, everyone can use a little help now and again, and these 29 clever kitchen cleaning tips are just the thing to get you started. The good news is that many of these kitchen cleaning tips use natural kitchen cleaners that you probably already have so that they won't cost you a lot and they are safe to use around your family and for the environment. The following are just some of the kitchen cleaning tips you will find on the list. You will find the full step by step tutorials on the site.
1. A kitchen cleaning tip for cleaning your vent hood filter is to soak it in hot water and Borax to make it shine again. This is an excellent kitchen cleaning tip that will save you money from having to buy a new filter. You could also soak in hot water and a good dose of Dawn dish soap.
2. Oven cleaners are some of the most toxic household cleaners there is. But with this natural kitchen cleaner idea, you can use inexpensive ingredients that you probably already have in the house. Simply coat the inside of the oven with a mixture of baking soda, water, and dish soap. Then let the mixture sit for a minimum of 15 minutes. This kitchen cleaning tip is only for spot cleaning, but you could also coat the inside of your entire oven with the mixture if itís dirty all over.
3. Kitchens can get covered in greasy dirt that is not always easy to remove. With this natural kitchen cleaner idea, you can combat sticky kitchen dust by wiping it with some cooking oil or mineral oil. You don't need to use a whole lot, just a little bit of oil on a paper towel will do the trick. Then use a little bit of dish soap and some warm water to wipe off the oil.
4. A natural kitchen cleaner of half a lemon and some kosher salt used to scrub your wooden cutting boards and butcher blocks. Then finish with a bit of mineral oil.
5. If you have blinds, this kitchen cleaning tip uses tongs to get them clean. Attach a microfiber cloth with some elastics to some kitchen tongs and you can easily pick up the dust that is on blinds with this natural kitchen cleaner idea.
6. To freshen up the garbage disposal and sharpen the blades run some ice and some lemon rinds through the garbage disposal.
7. The floors are usually the last thing to clean in the kitchen. This natural wood floor cleaner recipe is just the thing to leave the place smelling clean. Mix some white vinegar, some water and about ten drops of your favorite essential oil (this step is optional). This simple and inexpensive wood floor cleaner uses ingredients that are safe for kids and pets. Put all the natural ingredients into a spray bottle or bottle that you can squeeze. The house will smell so fresh. Orange essential oil works well in this simple natural kitchen cleaner. White vinegar mixed with hot water is good for cleaning hardwood, linoleum, tiles and any washable surfaces in your home. You do want to be sure and avoid using white vinegar on natural stone as it can damage the finish.
These 29 house cleaning tips and tricks are just some of the ideas you will find on the Buzzfeed site. On the site, you will find all sorts of ideas from food, recipes, quizzes, video, kitchen cleaning tips and so much more. **