5 Foods That Can Help Reduce Stress
There are two types of people who copes up stress in different ways. One person might be craving for food that soothes his/her taste and brings a quick acting effect on endorphin levels of the brain or the one who loses their appetites due to overwhelming feelings. According to Sarah-Jane Bedwell, R.D., L.D.N., a nutrition expert and author of Schedule Me Skinny, “Coping with stress by heading to the fridge for a snack can actually be good idea because some foods may help you feel better”. Take note that this is only applicable for some people who prefer eating rather than stressing out themselves with their problems.
So whenever you are stresses and you have a poor appetite, always bear in mind to eat small portions of whole foods. You can either combine it on your meal or nibble it as a snack. Food helps boost your brain and body’s potential to cope up with stress, so it is very important to still eat even if you don’t feel like eating. Below are some list of foods that you might try that can help reduce your stress
1) Red Bell Peppers: Once we experience stress, our body releases high levels of stress hormones called cortisol. Cortisol is a very important hormone in our body that is secreted by our adrenal glands and is responsible for the regulation of blood pressure, inflammatory response, immune function, and insulin for our blood sugar maintenance. It has the highest Vitamin C content level that helps the secretion of stress hormones.
2) Yogurt with Nuts: By combining lysine and amino acid found in yoghurt plus arginine that is found in nuts, it enable s to decrease stress hormones in the brain.
3) Peppermint Tea and Vanilla Tea: Study shows that a lot people are drinking tea in order to calm their nerves once they are stressed. Peppermint and vanilla scents are actually one of the most best seller flavour as it helps you to feel anxious and alert, which helps you to boost your concentration on every task at hand.
4) Popcorn: While munching, it helps you relieve muscle tension in your face as well as your jaw and helps release serotonin that makes you relax
5) Raw Carrots: It contains a unique fibre that helps detox bad hormones.
Learn MORE / Get RECIPE at Epicurious
To help with slow website load, we have put all photos for this article here: View photo gallery.