The vitamins and minerals that can be found in blueberries will keep your heart healthy. If you want your heart to stay in good shape, here are 56 healthy ways to eat more blueberries! They may be small but donít underestimate their ability to handle your health, because your body is about to benefit a lot from them even with just a single bite. They are a good source of fiber and antioxidants. Aging is going to be the least of your problems when you have this in your daily diet. But the best part is that they also taste good! Now, check out some of our favorites that you could make with blueberries.
1. Blueberry-Banana Pie Vegan Overnight Oats- this is a treat for all vegans out there. All you need to do is cook your oats and place them in the fridge overnight. This will set your oatmeal for breakfast in the morning you wake up. Just add the blueberries, maple syrup, walnuts, vanilla, cinnamon and bananas and voila! You just got yourself one of the best breakfast meals!
2. Blueberry Zucchini Muffins- if you are looking for a way to incorporate vegetables for breakfast, then this muffin is a must-have. The combination of blueberries and zucchini in a muffin will surely pump up your day.
3. Greek Yogurt Covered Blueberries- this is one of the easiest and healthiest snacks that you can eat. Instead of having potato chips on your desk while working, why not dip your blueberries in vanilla Greek yogurt and just freeze it using wax paper. And thatís it!
4. Blueberry and Cantaloupe Salad- simply mix these two fruits and add some lemon juice and maple syrup, with a little bit of cinnamon. And there goes your instant fruit salad!
5. Blueberry Dip, this vegan blueberry dip recipe is a creamy smooth healthy option when you want a dip to add to the table. Soaked cashews give this recipe its creaminess, and then you mix them up with some cooked blueberries, lemon juice and some yogurt.
6. Grilled Chicken with Blueberry Guacamole- this recipe is genius! Just marinate the chicken first with Greek yogurt, lime and chili powder before grilling it. Then prepare some blueberries, lemon juice and spices from jalapeŮos. If you bring this for lunch at work, everybody will surely envy you.
7. Wild Blueberries with Vegetable Couscous, a dinner or lunch recipe that tastes as good as it sounds! If cous cous is not your thing, you can always substitute your favourite pasta or grain. To that you add in some zucchini, wild blueberries, carrots and chickpeas for a recipe that packs an antioxidant and protein punch.
8. Almond Chia Seeds and Blueberry Square-this recipe is great to have in school lunches and after school snacks. The almonds offer some crunch, along with the chewy oats and chia seeds, which make for a tasty and healthy treat. You can even top the squares with some nut butter for some added flavor and nutrition.
9. Blueberry Pie Frozen Yogurt, the addition of crumbled up graham crackers as a topping make this blueberry frozen yogurt just like a pie. There is also a delicious blueberry infused syrup, along with some yogurt to act as the pie filling in this favorite dessert.
10. Ice Cream Sandwiches with Blueberries, yes you heard that right! We all love the classic ice cream sandwich, but this fruity variation uses frozen blueberries mixed with Greek yogurt, sugar and heavy cream to make somewhat of a sherbet or sorbet as the ice cream filling. The blueberry ice cream is sandwiched between two chocolate graham crackers for the best dessert recipe you've tried all year!