Steam Clean Your Microwave
With the fast paced lifestyle nowadays, microwaves have been one of the most useful appliances in any household. The ability of this tool is to reheat and cook foods and beverages making it available in at least 90% of American homes. Microwaves are often the most used appliance in the house compared to the conventional oven. But they could be overused at most times, making them prone to germs and dirt.
In order to keep foods and beverages safe to consume, it is advisable to keep microwaves clean and sanitized at all times. Molds can easily build up inside the microwave especially when not kept clean after use. These molds and bacteria can easily contaminate the foods and can cause diseases like diarrhea, stomach pains, vomiting, nausea and food poisoning. Proper handling, preparation and sanitation practices can prevent these harmful consequences.
Keeping microwaves germ-free is not that hard. All the things needed for cleaning is in the kitchen. Here is a simple step that anyone can follow:
What you’ll need:
• Microwave safe bowl
• A piece of lemon
1. Get a microwave safe bowl and fill it with 1/2 full of water.
2. Roll a lemon before cutting it in half. It will make it easier to squeeze the juice.
3. Squeeze the whole lemon together with the water.
4. Put the bowl in the microwave and set it for 5 minutes.
5. After 5 minutes, let the pot sit for another 1-2 minutes. Don’t open the microwave yet.
6. Remove the bowl and wipe the microwave.
Tip: You can also use vinegar in replacement of a lemon. Mix 1/4 cup of vinegar and about a cup of water in a microwave-safe bowl. Follow the same procedure. Vinegar also acts as deodorizer, freshener and can kill any microbes that can easily contaminate the foods we eat.
Learn MORE / Get RECIPE at A Real Life Housewife