We cooked and compared traditional breakfasts from various countries
Everyone knows that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. This is because as the name implies you are breaking a fast, so it's important to try and get a good start to the day with healthy food choices. But with that said breakfast can vary quite vastly depending on where you are in the world, and as you will find not all of the breakfast options around the world are as healthy as you would expect. For some people, breakfast is like a full meal while for others, itís more of a light snack. You will want to take a look what people around the world enjoy for breakfast. The following are just some from the list.
1. Japan. At 569 calories this family breakfast recipe included rice, pickled plums, miso soup, tofu, fermented beans, and omelet. This food recipe idea was very filling and a very healthy breakfast. It is nice that there is some variety in this breakfast meal with the different little dishes that provide you with plenty of vitamins and nutrients. This family breakfast recipe is a great way to start a busy day.
2. The Netherlands. At 395 calories this healthy food habit is light with bread with butter and chocolate sprinkles and black coffee with sugar. This family breakfast recipe is quick and easy to make, it's light but very tasty. It will most likely leave you feeling hungry afterward and doesn't offer a whole lot in regards to nutrition.
3. The Philipines. This breakfast has 670 calories and includes a fried egg, ham, tomatoes, rice and garlic. This breakfast food recipe idea is tasty, filling and full of carbohydrates and protein. And while garlic might be an acquired taste in the rice this breakfast is familiar to most. Depending on where your rice is from, you might consider not rinsing your rice. Rice can repeatedly be rinsed until the rinse water is clear to improve the texture and the taste of the rice. Rice can also be soaked if you want to decrease the time that it takes to cook and minimize the exposure to high temperatures thus losing nutrients.
4. Russia. This family breakfast recipe has 545 calories. The breakfast includes bread with some cheese and butter, boiled eggs, porridge with milk and butter, and coffee with milk and sugar. This breakfast is nice and filling. It is a very filling breakfast that might leave you feeling a bit overfull.
5. USA. This breakfast idea is 957 calories which is the most out of any country. The breakfast includes sugary cereal with milk, bread with peanut butter, and orange juice. This breakfast is very sweet and filling. Unfortunately, it might be just a bit too sweet and filling and not the healthiest of breakfast options. Peanut butter is a popular nut spread that is available in many countries around the world. Peanut butter is a spread that is made from grounding up dry roasted peanuts. Peanut butter is typically used as a sandwich spread and often combined with other spreads such as jelly, jam, honey, chocolate, vegetables or cheese. Peanut butter and organic peanut butter are good sources of protein, with lesser amounts of calcium and iron.
6. Italy. This breakfast idea if 446 calories. The breakfast includes a chocolate croissant and a cappuccino. And while this breakfast idea is tasty it is not all that filling.
These family breakfast recipes from around the world can be found on the Brightside site. This site has all sorts of food recipes, healthy food habits, and ideas. You will find everything from animals, quizzes, photography, art and so much more. **