Here's the Easiest Way to Clean a Glass Cooktop and Get a Streak Free Shine
Hereís something your mother might not have told you: the secret to good cooking always starts with a clean kitchen. Yes, itís a pain in the proverbial neck, but keeping your appliances, cutlery, and cookware spotless is the foundation of any delicious meal. It doesnít matter what kind of recipe you are attempting to make, the cleaner the kitchen, the better the food. And the most important appliance of all? Your oven. There are already plenty of articles on how to clean your ovenís interior, so letís get started with the exterior. Hereís the easiest way to clean a glass cooktop and get a streak free shine.
While glass stove tops might seem a lot easier to clean than your traditional stove top, appearances might, at first, be deceiving. Although there arenít the same nooks and crevices to negotiate, you still have to deal with streaks and dust, which can be a lot more noticeable on a shiny stove top Ė especially if itís brand new. So, first of all, youíll want to gather your cleaning supplies together Ė ensure one of them is a microfiber cloth. Why microfiber? Simply because it wonít leave streaks the way paper towel or other cleaning rags will. Youíll also want a regular dish cloth, hot water, dish detergent, baking soda, and a high-quality glass cleaner.
1. Survey your glass stove top and take note of where the major grease spots and stains are.
2. Next, pour a liberal amount of baking soda over the stove top, being sure to concentrate it in the particularly-stained areas.
3. Put a few drops of dish washing detergent into a container and add your hot water. Mix until soapy. You might even want to pour the mixture into a spray bottle for easier distribution.
4. Spray the soapy water concoction onto the baking soda on your stove top. Let the whole thing set for fifteen minutes or so. This will help loosen up the toughest stains, so theyíll be easier to scrub.
5. Soak your regular dish cloth in hot soapy water, then place it on top of your stove top. Start wiping away the baking soda. This might take a while, but itís worth it.
6. Youíll want to take a moment or two to admire a job well done. But, alas, youíre not finished yet.
7. Next, get out your microfiber cloth and glass cleaner. If you prefer to use an environmentally-friendly cleaner rather than a commercial one, mix two cups of water with two cups of white vinegar, pour into a spray bottle, and shake gently. Spritz the glass-cleaning mixture onto your clean glass stove top.
8. Fold your microfiber cloth in half, then fold it again. Use the folded cloth to dry off the stove top, wiping away the streaks as you go. Once youíre done, turn the cloth over and polish the stove top with the dry side of the cloth Ė this will get your stove top streak-free and squeaky clean.
9. Now youíre ready to cook that perfect stove-top meal. Spaghetti, anyone?
This helpful article on how to remove sneaky streaks from your glass stove top comes from Angela over at the Angela Says blog, where she offers lots more tips and tricks for a cleaner home. A 24-7 wife, mother, and owner of her own cleaning business, Angela knows how important it is to have a clean house in general, and a clean kitchen in particular. She is always learning quick and easy new ways to clean her own home and is happy to share those ideas. She offers straightforward, fun, and informative cleaning advice and even divulges some of her secret cleaning ingredients with you.*
Learn MORE / Get RECIPE at Angela Says
To help with slow website load, we have put all photos for this article here: View photo gallery.