She Pours Cornstrach All Over Her Carpets... When I Saw Why, I Just Had to Try It
When it comes to home cleaning products, most people go out and buy a heap of cleaning supplies to get the job done. You can find a cleaning supply for most anything from window cleaners, wood cleaners, floor cleaners and more. What many people don't realize is that most of the natural cleaning solutions are right in your kitchen cabinets or refrigerator. Many of these ingredients can save you money, smell better than the home cleaning products you buy at the store and are safe to use around you and your family. You will be surprised when you look at the 15 kinda weird ways that you can clean your house with leftover food and will never look at the ingredients on the list the same way again. The following are just some of the food ingredients you might consider using for natural cleaning solutions.
1. This natural cleaning solution for freshening carpets uses cornstarch. All it takes is a sprinkle of the ingredient on carpets, then leave on for 30 minutes and vacuum.
2. You wouldn't think to use bananas for cleaning, but banana peels are excellent at cleaning leather furniture. The texture and the oils in the peels act as a mild abrasive and polish. After cleaning with the banana peels, use a microfiber cloth to wipe away any remaining residue.
3. A simple natural cleaning solution for removing water stains from metal is to use orange peels. Rub the orange peels directly onto the stainless steel faucets and appliances. The citric acid and the oils in the orange peels create a streak-free finish that smells good too. Another simple life hack is to use orange peels as a garbage disposal cleaner. You can save the orange peels and put them in some ice cube trays with some white distilled vinegar. It's a good idea to make it a weekly habit to throw two or three ice cubes into the garbage disposal to get rid of odors and have your kitchen smelling clean and fresh. Oranges can be used to safely clean most surfaces. You can use this simple technique of cutting an orange in half and dipping it lightly into a dish of salt. Then scrub the inside of your sink with the salted orange. After scrubbing rinse the sink thoroughly and polish with a microfiber cloth if you'd like.
4. Another natural cleaning solution are using mayonnaise to condition wood surfaces. The oil in the mayonnaise helps to moisturize solid wood tabletops to restore moisture and help to remove water stains.
5. Instead of buying car fresheners that may contain harmful ingredients you can make your own with some pineapple skins. Collect the pineapple scraps from one or two pineapples and then place them in a plastic bag. Leave the bag of pineapples on the dashboard, or another place where they will be exposed to plenty of sun throughout the day. After a couple of weeks, the pineapple pieces will shrink and dry out, and leave your car smelling amazing.
6. To get rid of mold and mildew in the house use vodka. Lightly spray it on caulking that has mildew, and stains and let sit for about 15 minutes. Then scrub with an old toothbrush.
These home cleaning recipes and nontoxic cleaners are just some of the ideas you will find on The Krazy Coupon Lady site. On the site, you will find a variety of home cleaning recipes and ideas. You will also find coupons, house cleaning tips and tricks, the best green cleaning products, deals and a variety of tips and so much more on the site. **
Learn MORE / Get RECIPE at The Krazy Coupon Lady
To help with slow website load, we have put all photos for this article here: View photo gallery.