Household Mold Remediation

Do you have mold in your house? You need to fix it fast. Mold is sometimes referred to as the unseen killer, because of how harmful it can be to our health. This is a problem that can go undetected for a long time depending on where it is located in the house and what kind of mold it is. The good news is, you can learn how to remove mold from your household yourself, or you can hire a professional to get rid of it for you. What causes mold anyhow? First off, mold comes from the fungi family and is not a plant or an animal, but a growing organism. The reason mold is not considered a plant is because it doesn't get its nourishment from the sun like plants do. Mold will just consume whatever it is growing on and it works to decompose other things. You can see mold growing in many places in nature, including on dead plants, but mold can also be found inside our homes. You may have seen some growing on old food in your kitchen before or, even worse, it may be growing on your walls or floors. The main thing that household mold needs to grow inside the home is moisture. It is pretty hard for mold to grow without any moisture so in dry environments you won't really see it too much. But, in humid conditions where there is a lot of condensation, you might be at risk for mold. The mold uses spores to reproduce, and their spores are like seeds from a plant. These spores and the mold can have harmful toxins called mycotoxins, that aren't good to inhale or be exposed to.

The dangers of mold in your home include becoming physically ill from the toxic mold called Stachybotrys also known as black mold. While not all black mold is toxic, this type of black mold is one of the most toxic. This mold can cause mental and neurological problems like dizziness, anxiety, brain fog, and confusion, skin issues, fatigue, disruption of the immune system, and breathing issues. If you suspect you have black mold in your home, household mold remediation is necessary as living with toxic mold will only make you sicker. The only way to reduce your symptoms is to eradicate the mold, or, if you can, move to another location. There are tutorials online that teach you how to remove mold from your home on your own. This is great for home owners who want to keep their home and do the necessary repairs for the upkeep of their house. For renters, this is an issue that should be brought up with your landlord or building management. Once there is mold in the building, it can spread to other areas, so early detection and removing it as soon as possible is key.

Learning what kills mold is part of the household mold remediation process. Since mold needs moisture to survive, taking the moisture away is one thing that will kill mold. What kills mold is dryness. You want your home to be quite dry so that no mold can exist. This includes making sure you are venting out your bathroom while taking showers, using a hood vent over your stove when cooking, and using a vented dryer to dry your clothes after washing. You can buy a dehumidifier to reduce mold and to dry out your place. Bleach is also what kills mold effectively, by mixing water and bleach in a spray bottle and spraying it on the mold you can kill most of the mold in your household. For thorough household mold remediation and for extreme mold infestations, a professional is probably the best option.***