What Children Around the World Eat for Lunch at School
When it comes to healthy food habits and great lunch ideas for kids each country has its own set of standards for kids healthy lunch ideas. Some schools have convenience foods and snacks for lunch, while others cook set meals for students. The most popular lunch ideas are potatoes, rice, and a cabbage salad. Many schools also offer milk instead of fruit juice. You'll want to take a look at the great lunch ideas for kids and healthy eating ideas you will find around the world. The following are just some of the healthy food habits and ideas you will find on the list. You are sure to find some inspiration for your own healthy eating ideas for kids.
1. Japan. Japanese kids healthy lunch ideas are almost the same as the South Korean kid's lunches. Popular healthy eating ideas include hot soup, salad, rice, poultry or fish, and milk. Japanese students are not allowed to bring their lunches to school until they reach high school. There are no vending machines in Japanese schools and canteens. For lunch, they put on white coats and take their lunches to their classrooms, serve at the desks, and eat there.
2. Turkey. The kid's healthy lunch ideas in this country are prepared at home for the student. Great lunch ideas for kids here include rye bread, grapes, apples, pomegranate, kefir, and walnuts. These healthy food habits help to increase brainpower. Walnuts are a great mid-morning snack that contains a compound known as melatonin, this compound helps to induce sleep and may also help to prevent diabetes and reduce heart disease, and help to combat the stress hormone. Walnuts also contribute to shiny hair and glowing skin.
3. Finland. Finland takes their kids healthy lunch ideas very seriously. Every student in Finland is offered snacks in the morning and evening classes, along with lunch. Children in Finland eat their great lunch ideas for kids in a canteen where they can choose whatever foods they want from a large variety of healthy eating ideas. Every school in Finland offers lunch for children who have special dietary needs, whether in those needs are in connection with health issues or religion. The great lunch idea for kids in the photo includes meatballs with sauce, some potatoes, salad, and muesli.
4. Israel. In Israel kids, healthy lunch ideas might contain fresh fruit, sweets, granola bar, and flatbread sandwiches. A sandwich packed into a school lunch can be a healthy addition that can include whole grain bread and a healthy protein source and veggies.
5. France. In the west of France, healthy lunch ideas can include fish, spinach, potatoes, cheese, and bread. Lunch is considered to be the main meal of the day, with lunch break being one to two hours long. Students are also allowed to go home to eat lunch. Spinach is a vegetable that along with other leafy green vegetables is a rich source of iron. Spinach is a vegetable that has Vitamin C, and Vitamin A. Spinach has lesser amounts of calcium, protein, and iron.
6. USA. Lunch ideas in the United States can vary depending on the state you are in. This is how a school lunch in Utah might look. Kids lunches in the state might include peaches, some corn, chicken, and soup. Many of the lunches in American schools can contain fast food and convenience food that children like such as chicken nuggets, French fries, and pizza. Parents also give their children packed lunches to take to school.
These great lunch ideas for children around the world are just one of the articles you will find on the Brightside site. Other ideas you will find include inspiration, creativity, wonder and more. **